Friday, April 4, 2008

Introduction

Welcome to Royal World! This blog is not so much a totally new project as a continuation in a new format of the old News and Opinion sections of my website, begun in September 2000. Over the years, the quantity of articles to which I've felt like linking has gradually declined to the point where I've decided that the blog style would be more suitable for linking only to those articles I find particularly interesting or notable, with the opportunity for adding commentary of my own. Of course, the old archives, representing seven and a half years of work, will remain accessible, and I will continue to update the other sections of the website as needed, but I intend for this blog to be my main vehicle for highlighting and commenting on royal and monarchical news and views. I may occasionally post on other subjects, but the focus will remain on royalty and monarchy throughout the world. I hope that those who have visited my website over the years as well as new readers will enjoy this blog, my first attempt at joining one of the 21st century's most popular media formats.

5 comments:

J.K. Baltzersen said...

I have noticed the decline in quantity.

I assume a major reason for this is the sad, great loss of Mr. Walter Moore. But perhaps also you have gradually turned more critical to what you link to?

Anyway, welcome to the blogosphere, and good luck!

Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm. said...

Theodore,

Welcome to the blogosphere and thanks for the link!

Jovan

The Monarchist said...

Welcome to the monarchosphere, Mr. Harvey! I will reciprocate the link.

M.D.A. said...

Welcome Mr. Harvey, and I too thank you for the link.

JDB said...

Thanks for the link! I might have to start positing in my blog more often now.