Thursday, April 28, 2011

Royal Wedding Details Revealed

After months of secrecy and waiting, the official wedding programme (including the Order of Service) and the musical selections are now available for the general public. I am pleased to see Parry's incomparable "I Was Glad" chosen for the bridal procession, and am curious to hear the new choral compositions by John Rutter and Paul Mealor. I hope that at least some of the music before the service will be available to television viewers as well; I'm looking forward to seeing my Charlotte former colleagues' music director Christopher Warren-Green conduct the London Chamber Orchestra. Westminster Abbey has been splendidly prepared for the festivities and tomorrow is sure to be a magnificent day!

Readers, if you're looking for a way to show your support for Prince William and his soon-to-be bride, I encourage you to give a gift to the Royal Wedding Charity Fund as I did recently if you have not done so already.

No comments: