Saturday, July 18, 2009

England 2009

This evening I'm leaving for England, where I will spend nearly five weeks on tours with the two Anglican choirs in which I sing. I look forward to what should be a fantastic experience. Blogging will probably be less frequent than usual, though I hope to check in occasionally. Apart from the obvious attractions for a monarchist of being in the United Kingdom, I look forward to meeting a number of monarchist contacts, including some members of my forum. Here is my itinerary for readers to follow if they wish.

Tour I: Choir of the Church of the Incarnation

July 18 (Sat): Depart Dallas
July 19 (Sun): Arrive London (Heathrow); coach ride to Lichfield

July 20-26: Choir in residence at Lichfield Cathedral
(Music List)
Evensong daily except for Thursday 23 July (free day in Lichfield)
Eucharist & Evensong Sunday 26 July

July 27-August 2: Choir in residence at Westminster Abbey
(Music List)
Evensong daily except for Wednesday 29 July (free day in London)
Matins, Eucharist, & Evensong Sunday 2 August

August 3-6: I will be staying with a monarchist friend in Northern England.


Tour II: Choir of St. Mark's School of Texas


August 6-9: Rehearsals at Bruern Abbey in Chesterton; sightseeing in Oxford; men stay in Bicester

August 10-14: Choir in residence at Chichester Cathedral
Evensong Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri

August 15-18: Choir in residence at Southwark Cathedral, London

Evensong Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue
Eucharist Sunday 16 August

August 19 (Wed): Concert (noon) at Canterbury Cathedral


August 20 (Thu): Depart London (Heathrow)
August 20 (Thu): Arrive Dallas


I am grateful to those responsible for maintaining the websites of UK Cathedral Music Links and the Campaign for the Traditional Cathedral Choir for their assistance in promoting these tours.

No comments: