Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back from Europe

On Monday I returned from my trip to Europe, one of my best travel experiences yet. I'm not sure how to adequately summarize the four weeks in a blog post, but readers are welcome to find me on Facebook where I've posted nearly 400 photos of sites, many of them with royal connections, in England, Belgium, and Germany. (My Facebook photos are not protected so you should be able to see them even if you're not my Friend. I have nothing to hide!) Monarchical highlights included meeting up with fellow monarchists from Britain and Australia in Canterbury and London, singing services for the first time in St George's Chapel where Henry VIII, Charles I, George III, Edward VII, George V, George VI, and many other royalty are buried, visiting Dover Castle in Kent and Queen Victoria's favourite home Osborne House on the Isle of Wight, seeing the remnants of the palace where Emperor Charles V was born in Ghent, visiting Charlemagne's cathedral in Aachen, and seeing the tombs of King John and Prince Arthur Tudor in Worcester. Now that I'm back at my own computer, blogging will hopefully resume its former frequency!

Here is a photo of my choir on the steps of St George's Windsor (24 July), and here we are at Westminster Abbey (31 July).

No comments: