Friday, December 23, 2011

Prince Philip in hospital for heart surgery

HRH the Duke of Edinburgh, 90, was treated for a blocked coronary artery after being taken to the Papworth Hospital near Cambridge for chest pains. I wish HRH a swift recovery and hope the Royal Family are still able to enjoy their Christmas at Sandringham. Knowing Prince Philip's personality, he's probably grumbling that so much fuss is being made!

Christmas Update: Just as I predicted, Prince Philip says he feels fine. "I don't want to make a fuss. I just want to go home." The rest of the Royal Family attended church at Sandringham, where a record 3,000 wellwishers turned out to greet them. In her 2011 Christmas message (text), the Queen spoke of the importance of families and communities as she reviewed her year which included triumphant visits to Australia and Ireland and the marriages of two of her children. I wish all readers of this blog a Merry Christmas!

No comments: